Scholarships for Nonprofits
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7***
Apply Now! AaEA Nonprofit Professional Scholarship
The Atlanta-area Evaluation Association is offering scholarships for up to three nonprofit professionals to attend the 2016 American Evaluation Association Conference in Atlanta, GA, October 24–29.
AEA Conference 2016: “Evaluation + Design”
“Everything we evaluate is designed. Every evaluation we conduct is designed. Every report, graph, or figure we present is designed. In our profession, design and evaluation are woven together to support the same purpose—making the world a better place. This is the inspiration for the 2016 theme: Evaluation + Design. In 2016, we will be diving into this concept looking specifically at three areas—program design, evaluation design, and information design” —AEA President, John Gargani.
The AaEA scholarship includes:
- AEA membership for one year ($95) (see www.eval.org for full benefits, including online access to American Journal of Evaluation)
- 2016 AEA Conference Registration ($210) (see http://www.evaluationconference.org/)
- AaEA membership for one year ($40) (see www.atl-eval.org for full benefits) *Note, local transportation and lodging are not included in the scholarship. Before you apply, please be sure you meet the following requirements:
- You work for a nonprofit or social impact organization in the Atlanta area.
- You will be able to attend all three days of the conference.
- Some aspect of your job deals with evaluation.
- You have an opportunity to apply what you learn from the conference to your job in the next year.
As an AaEA scholarship recipient, you will be required to
- Apply what you learn from the 2016 AEA conference to your job in the next year,
- Share your experiences with applying what you learned at an AaEA event in 2017,
- Be an active member of AaEA including participation in Program Committee or Probono Committee, and
- Help AaEA connect with other nonprofits in the Atlanta area.
We are accepting applications until October 3, 2016 5:00 pm EDT.
- Complete the brief application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5ZV2SS2
- Have your organization send a brief letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: AaEA Scholarship (Your Name). The letter should detail
- Your evaluation experience and/or how your role involves evaluation,
- Your organization’s needs and opportunities for evaluation over the next year, and
- How your attendance at AEA conference and involvement with AaEA over the next year could strengthen your organization’s capacity for evaluation.
Awardees will be notified by October 10, 2016.
If you have any questions, contact Lauren Reef (email@example.com).